We publish Inside Traveller ten times a year and it’s only available by subscription. Founded in 1996, it has helped thousands of travellers get the best deals, which is the main reason why our readership is so loyal.
Our blog was awarded first place in the “Best Blog for Travel Advice” category in the MyTravelMoney.co.uk Travel Blog Awards 2012.
We are Wentworth Publishing Ltd, a Fleet Street-based publisher of specialist newsletters and courses. Our in-house editorial team supports Dr David Stone, our editor, and his contributors. Wentworth was founded in 1993 and is one of the UK’s leading subscription publishers.
Typical subjects covered by Inside Traveller
- Perfect Pitch. At a glance guide to seat pitch and spacing on all classes of all the major carriers … discover where the most room is to be had.
- Ticket Code secrets explained – and how to exploit them.
- Airport Security Update – technological developments to speed up processing at leading airports.
- Are you a CIP? How these three letters can spell an automatic upgrade.
- 13 things the travel industry don’t want you to know.
- Airline safety records – a comparison of airline safety records, including near misses.
- Frequent Flyer programmes compared – the good, the bad and the ugly.
- The Guide to Booking Hotels Direct – discover how easy it is to deal direct with hotels and thus enjoy extra savings and substantially more luxurious accommodation.
- When and how to be an environmentally aware traveller.
- Inside Traveller’s Guide to Discount Business Fares.
- Staying Healthy – health advice for regular travellers.
- The A-to-Z of Dangerous Diseases (including viruses) – how to avoid them; how to recognise them; and how to treat them.
- Which case? A luggage review – in which our experts put the lightest, strongest, and most versatile luggage through its paces.
- Technology for Travellers. Review of the latest gadgets and gizmos.
- International Discount Shopping Guide. Shop where the airline crews shop. How to find the lowest prices – anywhere in the world.
- Dangerous air space – routes to avoid – airports where an accident is waiting to happen.
- 11 exotic long-haul destinations for less.
- How to save up to 50% on flights, 60% on hotels, and 75% on car rental.
- Open jaw tickets and how to take advantage of them.
- Which airlines have flat beds and how to enjoy them at discounted prices.
- Airside hotels – review of best places to get a shower and a bit of rest when on long haul flights.
- The new craze for lounge spas and how to take advantage of it.
- Are you at risk of getting deep vein thrombosis? How to recognise it. How to avoid it.
- Special report on Round the World (RTW) bargains in all classes.
- Internet travel sites – the good, the bad and the ugly.
- The Terrorist Threat and its long-term effects on the travel industry.
- How to conquer a fear of flying.
- Car rental – how to hire bigger, better cars for less than half the “airport” price.
- Book reviews.
- Lounge Pass Schemes – are they worth the money?
- Aviation Industry News … what to expect from the aircraft manufacturers.
- Seasonal bargains … all travel – especially air fares and hotels – fall in price during certain times of the year. We explain why and – more importantly – when.
- Making the ‘restrictions’ work for you … how to understand airline ticket restrictions and how to use them to your advantage.
- On Time Performance Ratings for planes and trains…
- Tips for getting through Customs without being stopped.
- Being bumped for profit…
- All you could want to know about upgrade coupons, code sharing and the new airline alliances… and the benefits they can bring you.
Our subscriber-only web pages have links to dozens of websites, including
- top international hotel chains
- online travel sites
- car hire companies
- world weather forecasts
- worldwide tourism offices
- 160 of the world’s leading airlines
- health and safety for travellers
- visa regulations
- specialist advice – eg travelling with kids or the elderly
- a searchable database of articles from past issues of Inside Traveller
- the current month’s issue of Inside Traveller.